Austin, TX 78703
Job Post Date: July 22, 2021
RSA – Project Architect
With over 20 years of experience specializing in high-end, custom residential and club design, Ryan Street Architects provides first-class architectural and interior design services on our projects. We are based in Austin, Texas, and our projects offer unique opportunities for creative design, often on challenging site locations. Connections to nature, abundant natural light, and respect for the land and its character are hallmarks of our brand.
Our process is collaborative, involving consultants, engineers, and contractors very early in the process, and our approach is personal. We build relationships with our clients that are based on mutual respect and trust.
We are seeking a Project Architect who is detailed oriented and skilled at document production, consultant coordination, and technical project development and delivery. The successful candidate will lead document production on multiple residential projects daily, provide technical oversight and coordination of the project team to ensure task completion, and ensure that our high service standards are consistently delivered. The role will involve developing CAD documents from conceptual/schematic design through construction documents, including preparation of details and specifications, providing construction observation services, and assisting in preparing estimated budgets and schedules.
Key strengths of the ideal candidate: communication, technical knowledge of construction detailing, organization, time management, creative problem solving, confidence.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Uphold the firm’s commitment to providing world-class service
- Ensure that uniformly high-quality documents and RSA standards are completed on all projects
- Develop technical documents, drawings, and specifications in AutoCAD or Revit on multiple projects
- Lead consultant coordination and agency permitting
- Manage code compliance
- Manage construction observation and attend site meetings
- Complete quality control reviews of progress sets
- Attend and, where necessary, lead project/client meetings
- Coordinate work with internal and external team members and promote an inter-disciplinary approach to project delivery
- Provide progress updates to the internal team and promptly communicate issues of concern
- Continually improve the quality of the work, how it is delivered, and the process employed to attain it. Identify opportunities for RSA improvement.
- Build, nurture, and foster lasting relationships with a broad client base and support team members in doing the same
- Seek self-development through feedback, new knowledge, and opportunities for personal growth, career learning, and development
Minimum Position Requirements:
•Bachelor’s degree in Architecture with 7+ years of experience in high-end residential design
•Texas licensure strongly preferred
•Highly skilled in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
•Proficient in Revit
•Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
•Excellent knowledge of the design documentation process, including experience producing fastidiously detailed and well-coordinated construction drawings
•Strong communication skills
•Excellent organizational and time management skills – the capability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision, juggle and prioritize multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines. Must be able to maintain a great attitude under pressure.
•Ability to work well with colleagues in a team environment in order to keep multiple projects on schedule and within budget
•Ability to work with minimal supervision
Compensation and Benefits:
•Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience and licensure status•Fully paid health insurance for employee•Paid membership in AIA, if licensed in Texas•Paid standard holidays and vacation•401k retirement plan after 1 year of employment•Support for professional development, continued learning, and leadership development•Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home to apply, please send your cover letter, portfolio, and resume to email@example.com