Austin, TX 78756
Job Post Date: July 26, 2018
Project Designer / Architect – Houston, Texas
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a new Project Designer / Architect staff member for our Houston office. Our current and upcoming work in Houston includes several neighborhood mixed-use developments, as well as boutique hospitality projects.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in a wide range of projects including single family residential, hospitality / interiors and medium to large sized commercial developments. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as aggressive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit sharing.
Based in Austin, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Significant recent work includes Heights Mercantile, Uchi, Local Foods, South Congress Hotel and The Line hotel. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle and San Antonio.
Responsibilities to include:
- Design of projects on a variety of scales
- Translation of design concepts into construction documents for both interior and exterior systems
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Collaboration on Construction Documents and Construction Administration
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
- Consultant coordination
- Code research and land use feasibility
- Intermittent travel between Houston and Austin
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered architect optional
- Strong design skills
- Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in design & construction documents of commercial projects in Houston
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to email@example.com
No phone calls please.