Houston, TX 77046
Job Post Date: February 4, 2021
Project Manager - PBK Sports
PBK Sports, a division of PBK, is a multi-discipline group of architects and engineers that specialize in providing expert programming, design, and construction administration services for athletic and recreational facilities. PBK Sports assumes a collaborative, team-focused approach to effectively enhance athletic performance, spectator experience, and maintain strict control over project budget and schedule. Our work is delivered with relentless customer service, backed by a proven track record of going above and beyond to ensure our clients get the best possible service on every project. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
Description – Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of sports architectural projects. The Project Manager oversees the Project Architect to ultimately ensure the highest quality construction documents. The Project Manager will oversee all phases of the project schedule, including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding and Construction Administration. This position reports to the Client Executive/Principal Architect and is charged with ensuring the project is completed on time and within budget constraints in accordance PBK Sports’ quality and client service standards.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and manage Project Architect and the project team to ensure high quality construction documents.
- Ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Organize and direct the architectural and/or engineering teams to execute the work in an orderly, timely and coordinated manner.
- Direct, organize and mentor junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.
- Responsible for maintaining positive client relationships throughout project. Keep client apprised of project progress on regular basis.
- Provide technical advice to the project team.
- Support Client Executive and/or Principal Architect in supervision and delegation of work.
- Lead Construction administration jobsite meetings with contractors and owners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field is required.
- Must be a Licensed Architect.
- 7+ years of professional experience preferred.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in using Revit.
- Strong customer service, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of building codes required.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://pbk.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/ecc77d4c-5561-61c0-77e7-89cac7a8801b/apply?source=1507253-CS-27942
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within an award winning architectural firm. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. An aggressive, client oriented personality with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”