Houston, TX 77046
Job Post Date: November 30, 2017
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER- Dallas, Texas
PBK is an award winning architectural, engineering and consulting firm that has been a leader in educational design for more than 35 years. PBK has 9 offices across the State of Texas and has averaged an annual growth rate of 25% over the last 15 years. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to it being named to the list of “Best Places to Work” in Houston and San Antonio.
PBK is in search of a Senior Design Manager to assist with design documents from conceptual design to design development in of PBK’s International design department in Dallas, Texas. This challenging and fast paced position will require a personable individual, preferably with experience in design of large scale institutional projects including K-12 and High educational projects. An extremely organized individual that can manage multiple design team members and other consultants. An individual that is also very knowledgeable about the process of packaging and delivering design presentations of complex projects. An individual that has strong construction document experience and can support a design team in the execution of design development documents. An individual with interpersonal skills capable of building relationships with both team mates and clients. This person must have strong graphics skills, be an effective presenter of ideas and concepts and be completely dedicated to client service by being flexible and accommodating to client wishes. An energetic, innovative thinker with a client oriented personality and a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
Individual Requirements- Senior Project Designer Position
• A minimum of 10+ years experience in all phases of design.
• Must have at least a Bachelor of Architecture.
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop and Sketch up.
• Strong client service skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
• Experience serving in a managerial role over design teams.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Experience in China a plus
• Mandarin language skills a plus
Resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org