Bellaire, TX 77401
Job Post Date: February 18, 2020
Senior Associate Architect
The Senior Associate Architect works on mid-sized and large projects under the direction of the Project Manager, manages daily proceedings of assigned projects, provides design input and prepares design and construction documents at all project phases. The Senior Associate Architect must be a licensed architect with a professional degree in architecture and a minimum 8 years’ experience.
• Manages or oversees daily proceedings of individual mid-sized and large projects, including maintaining project files.
• Produces Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Specifications for projects, including 3D modeling, floorplans, elevations, sections and details.
• In a supervisory capacity, manages and reviews technical documentation on assigned project, including drawings and specifications. Provides support and oversight in detailing of projects.
• In a supervisory capacity, is responsible for the design and technical accuracy of large projects and is responsible for major design decisions.
• Supervises and evaluates work of Associate Architectural Designers and Junior Associates, training others on structured processes to maximize the efficiency of architectural design.
• Prepares documents and applications for planning and permitting purposes, managing comment review, response and drawing submittal/resubmittal.
• Manages construction administration on mid-sized and large projects with input of the Project Manager, including site visits, project meetings, submittals and RFIs.
• Prepares and presents feasibility reports and design proposals to the client in collaboration with the Project Manager.
• Consults with other design professionals about project as it develops and moves through documentation and construction administration
• Collaborates with Project Manager to develop project budgets and work schedules.
• Participates in project team meetings, both internally and with clients, consultants and/or contractors
• Researches and finds reference material for projects, including building material research.
• Advises others on practical, aesthetic and social considerations in architectural design projects. Consults on the effective organization of components and materials in architectural design.
• Develops project objectives, schedules and performance benchmarks in architectural design. Directs the selection of appropriate techniques according to different types of design work.
• Strong problem-solving and teamwork skills.
• Works well in a team setting to complete all project tasks within a given time frame.
• Ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
• Ability to handle significant project challenges requiring new approaches and guidelines.
• Knowledgeable in architectural standards, engineering practices, building ordinances and documentation standards in order to communicate effectively with clients and project team.
• Field experience on multiple projects, with a developed knowledge of field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
• Working experience Revit.
Mirador Group is a multi-disciplinary design firm located in Houston, Texas. We are an integrated team of experienced professionals with backgrounds in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, planning and urban design.
Our portfolio includes a variety of project types including both Commercial and Residential projects including:
• Mid and High-Rise Multi-Family Infill Projects
• Single Family Residences
• Master Planning of Residential Planned Communities
• Landscape Design
• Mixed-use Development Projects
• Retail Lease Spaces
• Tenant Lease Spaces
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of requests to join our team, we are only able to contact those candidates that we feel best match our current staffing need.