Krystyn Haecker6575 West Loop South
Bellaire, TX 77401
Job Post Date: November 7, 2022
Senior Associate Architect
The Senior Associate Architect works on mid-sized and large projects under the direction of the Project Manager, manages daily proceedings of assigned projects, provides design input and prepares design and construction documents at all project phases. The Senior Associate Architect must be a licensed architect with a professional degree in architecture and a minimum 8 years’ experience.
• Manages or oversees daily proceedings of individual mid-sized and large projects, including maintaining project files.
• Produces Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Specifications for projects, including 3D modeling, floorplans, elevations, sections and details.
• In a supervisory capacity, manages and reviews technical documentation on assigned project, including drawings and specifications. Provides support and oversight in detailing of projects.
• In a supervisory capacity, is responsible for the design and technical accuracy of large projects and is responsible for major design decisions.
• Supervises and evaluates work of Associate Architectural Designers and Junior Associates, training others on structured processes to maximize the efficiency of architectural design.
• Prepares documents and applications for planning and permitting purposes, managing comment review, response and drawing submittal/resubmittal.
• Manages construction administration on mid-sized and large projects with input of the Project Manager, including site visits, project meetings, submittals and RFIs.
• Prepares and presents feasibility reports and design proposals to the client in collaboration with the Project Manager.
• Consults with other design professionals about project as it develops and moves through documentation and construction administration
• Collaborates with Project Manager to develop project budgets and work schedules.
• Participates in project team meetings, both internally and with clients, consultants and/or contractors
• Researches and finds reference material for projects, including building material research.
• Advises others on practical, aesthetic and social considerations in architectural design projects. Consults on the effective organization of components and materials in architectural design.
• Develops project objectives, schedules and performance benchmarks in architectural design. Directs the selection of appropriate techniques according to different types of design work.
• Strong problem-solving and teamwork skills.
• Works well in a team setting to complete all project tasks within a given time frame.
• Ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
• Ability to handle significant project challenges requiring new approaches and guidelines.
• Knowledgeable in architectural standards, engineering practices, building ordinances and documentation standards in order to communicate effectively with clients and project team.
• Field experience on multiple projects, with a developed knowledge of field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
• Working experience Revit.
ABOUT MIRADOR GROUP
For the past 27 years Mirador Group has built a reputation for inspiring design and meticulous professionalism in the Houston area. Mirador Group has an integrated architectural practice that encompasses commercial and residential architecture, interior architecture, and interior design. Its growing portfolio of iconic projects include trendsetting commercial developments, majestic single-family homes and progressive urban infill multi-family residences.
The name Mirador is a Spanish word meaning “a place that commands an extensive view”. Mirador develops a unique vision and stays true to style for each project from the master planning of the land, design of the structure and grounds, and material selection through completion. Mirador Group’s commitment to authenticity of design and unique on-site impact has proven results in accelerated sales, premium returns, and repeat clients. Most importantly, Mirador focuses on the interaction between architecture and the community, making lasting contributions through its projects.
A FEW REASONS WHY YOU MIGHT LOVE US:
• Our Core Values: We are Creative. We are Passionate. We are Collaborative. We are Service-Oriented. We are Diverse & Inclusive.
• We pride ourselves on being a boutique-sized firm (less than 20 people) that has large-firm capabilities and diversity of project types.
• You will be exposed to various project types, and be able to work in all phases of a project from schematic design to construction administration
• You want to work at a place that prioritizes balance and flexibility in the lives of employees. We allow for flexible work schedules, limit overtime work and compensate for overtime when worked.
• We offer great benefits, including company contribution to Health Plans, company matching for 401K plans, short-term disability, bonuses, professional development support, and help with personal/professional growth strategies.
• We have been in business in Houston for 27 years and are looking to for individuals who want to be a part of the future of our growing team as we increase our presence and capability across the state of Texas.
A FEW REASONS WHY YOU MAY NOT LIKE WORKING FOR US OR WON’T SUCCEED:
• You are not a collaborative team player.
• You do not like working on multiple projects at one time.
• You need to always be told what to do and are not willing to think independently.
• You don’t enjoy having some autonomy and contributing towards a project’s direction.
• You are not passionate about what you do.
• You do not believe diversity and inclusivity are important in a workplace.