Austin, TX 78756
Job Post Date: July 26, 2018
Senior Project Architect - Houston, Texas
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a new Senior Project Architect staff member for our Houston office. Our current and upcoming work in Houston includes several neighborhood mixed-use developments, as well as boutique hospitality projects.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in a wide range of projects including single family residential, hospitality / interiors and medium to large sized commercial developments. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as aggressive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit sharing.
Based in Austin, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Significant recent work includes Heights Mercantile, Uchi, Local Foods, South Congress Hotel and The Line hotel. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle and San Antonio.
Responsibilities to include:
- Design of projects on a variety of scales
- Coordinate and oversee project teams including multiple consultants
- Preparation of construction documents, specifications and oversight of construction administration
- Technical leadership in commercial projects types
- Translation of design concepts into construction documents for both interior and exterior systems
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff
- Quality control and document review
- Intermittent travel between Houston and Austin
- Registered architect preferred
- 6-12 years experience in design & construction documents of large ground-up mixed use, hospitality/hotel or residential tower projects
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials and construction technologies
- Well versed in Houston building and land use codes
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.