City of Houston
Houston, TX 77002
Job Post Date: June 14, 2022
Sr. Project Manager
The General Services Department (GSD) is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience working on vertical design and construction projects. The Senior Project Manager has the ability to be both a leader and a mentor.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, self-directed, and organized Senior Project Manager with architectural experience. Candidates should be able to manage several projects simultaneously and efficiently, demonstrate strong communication and coordination skills, possess a thorough understanding of design knowledge, architectural standards, building codes, vertical building construction processes and project delivery methods. This candidate will supervise and coordinate all phases of the projects, from programming to construction administration.
Duties for this position will include:
• Developing capital improvement plan projects
• Creating scopes of work and reviewing plans, project scheduling and budgeting
• Administering procurement from planning to contract award phase, architectural and construction contract negotiation
• Managing design, design-build, construction management at risk, and construction contracts
• Reviewing design drawings for scope, coordination and constructability
• Managing design and construction phases and participating in construction progress meetings
• Coordinating and managing internal and external stakeholders, such including but not limited to the IT Department, GSD Security Management Division, GSD Property Management Division, etc.,
• Reviewing and approving design and construction invoices
• Ensuring that completed project work meets the required obligations under the contract
• Responsible for developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients and Project Team
• Developing cost projections including capital reinvestments for the Capital Improvement Program
• Will perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• This position will require driving to various construction sites, walking construction sites, climbing roofs and visiting city buildings to complete duties
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Physical Sciences or a closely related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Six years of experience in construction, construction inspection, design, Landscape, geo-technical, environmental or in a closely related field are required.
Directly related professional architectural, construction or landscape design experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
A valid Texas Class C driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston Motor Vehicle Assignment and Use Policy (AP 2-2)
A degree in Architecture, vertical Construction Management or vertical Project Management highly preferred, along with project management experience in the design and construction/renovation of vertical buildings; fire stations, police stations, health facilities, libraries, schools, retail, and offices. Preferences will be given to candidates that have experience in managing ground up construction or major renovations of vertical projects with minimum project costs of $3M or more per project and can provide a portfolio of past completed projects.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov. To view your detailed application status,
Please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly,
should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process. All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call 832.393.0051; TTY 7-1-1