John Kirksey, Chairman and founder of Kirksey Architecture, awarded the 2020 Master Builder Award
The Associated General Contractors (AGC) Houston presented John Kirksey, Chairman and founder of Kirksey Architecture, with the 2020 Master Builder Award at the APEX Gala for his invaluable contributions to the industry and community at large. The AGC Houston's Awards for Project Excellence (APEX) recognizes firms in the industry for their excellence in construction. The APEX “A Starry Night” Gala was held on Saturday, May 22nd, at The Houstonian Hotel after being postponed multiple times due to COVID-19.
The AGC Houston "Master Builder" award is presented biennially at the APEX gala. The honor recognizes an individual or organization for their contributions and commitment to advance the commercial built environment in the greater Houston area. The term "Master Builder" comes from early construction history. It was a title of the highest respect, reserved for individuals involved in the design and construction of structures that enhance the community.
Master Builder Recipients include:
- 1994 S.I. Morris, FAIA, Morris Architects
- 1996 Walter P. Moore, Jr. Ph.D., Walter P Moore
- 1998 Robert C. Lanier, Houston Mayor 1992-98
- 2000 Harris County Sports Authority
- 2002 Dr. Richard E. Wainerdi, Texas Medical Center
- 2004 Patrick J. Kiley, AGC Houston
- 2006 Archbishop Emeritus Joseph A. Fiorenza, Houston-Galveston Diocese
- 2008 Ed Wulfe, Wulfe & Co., Inc.
- 2012 William A. Daigneau, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- 2014 Leo Linbeck, Jr., Linbeck Group, LLC
- 2016 Paul G. Bell, P.G. Bell Company
- 2018 Peter Dawson, Texas Children's Hospital