Professional Training For The Sustainable Design Work Force
The AIA + 2030 Series program is the result of a partnership between the American Institute of Architects Seattle, Architecture 2030, BetterBricks, and the City of Seattle. AIA Seattle and Architecture 2030 are now bringing the Series to other AIA chapters.
AIA+2030 trains green-collar workers in the architecture and engineering fields to design buildings that use 60% less energy. The AIA+2030 Professional Series™ is a comprehensive, ground-breaking curriculum that includes ten, 4-hour sessions teaching strategies to reach 60% reduction in fossil fuel greenhouse gas emissions. AIA+2030 gives design professionals the knowledge and leverage to create next-generation, super-efficient buildings—and provide firms with the skills that will set them apart in the marketplace. The AIA+2030 program was launched in Seattle in 2009, and has been extremely successful.
Buildings produce almost half of US greenhouse gas emissions. In fact, US buildings are responsible for 10% of total greenhouse gas emissions. Building are an important part of the climate change solution. Training architects and engineers to significantly reduce the energy use of their buildings is a critical step on the path towards energy independence and climate change reduction. AIA’s architect members are serious about climate change solutions. AIA Seattle’s AIA+2030 program is a significant step toward impacting GHG emissions in buildings with proven success in the Seattle area. By franchising the AIA+2030 professional series nationally, AIA Seattle and its partners hope to:
- Impact climate change: give architects and design professionals the tools they need to design for the future of the planet
- Position architects: demonstrate the leadership of the architecture community on energy efficiency and carbon issues
- Support continued R&D: expand AIA+2030 reach and resources to fuel continual improvement
Credits: 1.5 HSW (SD)
Architecture Center Houston
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
All sessions will meet on Fridays from 8:00 AM - Noon (breakfast provided).
A total of 40 AIA learning units may be earned with 4.0 HSW (SD) hours earned per session. You may self-report your credits for GBCI.
- July 24: The 2030 Challenge
- August 7: Getting to 60
- August 21: Accentuate the Positive
- September 4: Skins
- September 18: Passively Aggressive
- October 2: Illuminating Savings
- October 16: Right-sized
- October 30: The Site Power
- November 13: The Hand-off + Staying in Shape
- December 11: Putting it All Together
- Members – $350
- Government – $350
- Non-Members – $500
- Member 3-Pack – $900 (includes complete registration for three member participants from the same firm)
***Registration is still open for the series at a prorated fee. Please contact Rashida at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A limited number of scholarships are available for full-time students to attend at a 50% discount for $175. Please download and submit completed scholarship applications to email@example.com July 10, 2015 at 5PM.
Click here to download a printable document containing all 2015 session information.