Women in Architecture
WiA meet the last Wednesday of every other month from noon - 1 pm.
(January, March, May, July, September, November)
P.O. Box 66696
Houston, TX 77266
2020 Equity Sponsors [Equity Panel Discussion & Workshop]
The AIA Houston Women in Architecture committee promotes equal opportunity and inclusion within the architecture, design, and construction industries of Southeast Texas. The committee’s planned networking, social, and educational programming efforts aim to:
▪ Increase cultural awareness of women’s contributions to the built environment
▪ Provide a networking platform that encourages and celebrates women’s accomplishments
▪ Champion the advancement of women to leadership positions to enhance diversity within the profession
▪ Advocate for issues concerning women within the profession
▪ Foster mentoring opportunities and establish support for emerging females within the profession
▪ Establish liaisons with allies in other professional organizations for collective professional development
Women in Architecture aspire to be defined, not by gender, but rather by our talent, competency, and perspective as design professionals.