Women in Architecture
WiA meet the last Wednesday of every other month from noon - 1 pm.
(January, March, May, July, September, November)
315 Capitol, Suite 120
Houston, TX 77002
Women in Architecture Houston is a community working to promote equal opportunity, celebrate advancement, empower success, and foster future generations of all women in the architecture, design, and construction industries of Southeast Texas.
The WiA Houston AIA committee was created to promote equal opportunity success and inclusion within the architecture, design, and construction industries of Southeast Texas. The committee’s planned networking, social, and educational programming efforts aim to:
▪ Increase cultural awareness of women’s ongoing contributions to the built environment
▪ Provide a networking platform that encourages and celebrates women’s accomplishments
▪ Champion the advancement of women to leadership positions to enhance diversity within the profession
▪ Advocate for issues concerning women within the profession
▪ Foster mentoring opportunities and establish support for emerging females within the profession
▪ Establish liaisons with allies in other professional organizations for collective professional development
Women in Architecture aspire to be defined, not by gender, but rather by our talent, competency, and extraordinary perspective as design professionals.