Gulf Coast Green 2018
June 1, 2018
Online Registration Coming Soon
6100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005
2017 Platinum Sponsors
2017 Gold Sponsors
2017 Silver Sponsors
2018 Call for Presentations
Presenter Application Guidelines
Gulf Coast Green is now accepting speaker proposals for our 2018 Symposium and Expo! This is a tremendous opportunity for presenters to share their sustainability expertise with building professionals from across the Gulf Coast.
The event will be on June 1st, 2018 at the beautiful Rice University campus in Houston, Texas.
Proposal applications may only be submitted by filling out the Speaker Submittal Form by the January 15th deadline.
Selected presenters will receive complimentary event registration for the Gulf Coast Green 2018 Symposium and Expo. Gulf Coast Green will cover up to $500 of travel expenses for out-of-town presenters – please see Presenter Application Guidelines below for complete details.
All prospective presenters must read the complete Presenter Application Guidelines before submitting their application.
Presentation submittals must include (but are not limited to):
- Abstract: Session abstract may not exceed 100 words and should summarize the topic that will be covered. This description will appear on the Gulf Coast Green website and program.
- Detailed Program Description: This is a 300-word description which should mention each of the topics that will be covered and why they are significant.
- Learning Objectives. List 4 learning objectives that meet the requirements for AIA Continuing Education. See this link for a description of how to write a learning objective:
RESILIENCE: Beyond Recovery
Geared toward attendees with an intermediate to high level of knowledge about buildings and sustainability issues, we welcome presentations related to:
- Society – Providing connections, fostering community, and recognizing culture
- Site – Providing mobility at all scales, disaster avoidance and recovery, reducing the impact on resources
- Structure – Meeting current and future needs for building occupants through healthy choices and efficient design
Submissions on other topics related to resilience are encouraged and will be categorized as appropriate.
Online Proposals Accepted: December 5, 2017 – January 15, 2018
Presenters Notified: February 15, 2018
Presenters Announced: February 26, 2018
Contact Julie Hendricks or Mark Smith at email@example.com with questions about the application.