Gulf Coast Green 2018
June 1, 2018
Online Registration Coming Soon
6100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005
2017 Platinum Sponsors
2017 Gold Sponsors
2017 Silver Sponsors
2018 Call for Presentations
Presenter Application Guidelines
The Gulf Coast Green Committee is now accepting proposals for presentations to be given at the Gulf Coast Green 2018 Symposium and Expo, June 1, 2018. This is a tremendous opportunity for presenters to share their sustainability expertise with building professionals from across the Gulf Coast.
Education sessions will last 50 minutes, including the question-and-answer period. Session proposals may be either for one speaker presenting for 50 minutes, or for group/panel sessions presenting for 100 minutes.
Proposal applications may only be submitted by filling out the speaker submittal form found here by the January 15th deadline.
Preference will be given to individuals who did not present at Gulf Coast Green 2017 or who are presenting a new topic.
Selected presenters will receive complimentary event registration for the Gulf Coast Green 2018 Symposium and Expo. Meals served at the event are included. Gulf Coast Green will cover up to $500 of travel expenses for out-of-town presenters. This amount may include airfare, vehicle mileage at $0.54 per mile, or hotel. In the event of a verifiable emergency in which the speaker cannot attend the event, GCG will only be responsible for flight change charges of up to $150. Greater Houston / Galveston-based presenters will be responsible for their own transportation, housing accommodations, and related expenses.
Selected presenters must provide conference organizers with a digital copy of their presentation in PowerPoint format before leaving the conference. PDF copies of the presentations will be assembled into a compendium of conference proceedings that will be available for download after the conference.
Presentation submittals must include (but are not limited to):
- Abstract: Session abstract may not exceed 100 words and should summarize the topic that will be covered. This description will appear on the Gulf Coast Green website and program.
- Detailed Program Description: This is a 300-word description which should mention each of the topics that will be covered and why they are significant.
- Learning Objectives. List 4 learning objectives that meet the requirements for AIA Continuing Education. See this link for a description of how to write a learning objective:
RESILIENCE: Beyond Recovery
Geared toward attendees with an intermediate to high level of knowledge about buildings and sustainability issues, we welcome presentations related to:
- Society – Providing connections, fostering community, and recognizing culture
- Site – Providing mobility at all scales, disaster avoidance and recovery, reducing the impact on resources
- Structure – Meeting current and future needs for building occupants through healthy choices and efficient design
Submissions on other topics related to resilience are encouraged and will be categorized as appropriate.
Online Proposals Accepted Dec 5, 2017 – January 15, 2018
Presenters Notified February 15, 2018
Presenters Announced February 26, 2018
Contact Julie Hendricks or Mark Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the application.
When: Friday, June 1, 2018 from 7:00 a.m.– 6:00 p.m.
Rice University Bioscience Research Collaborative
6500 Main Street, Houston, Texas, 77030