Young Architects Forum
YAF meets the fourth Tuesday of every month from 12-1pm
P.O. Box 66696
Houston, TX 77266
Young Design Professionals HH - Reception Sponsors
Design Make Residency
Applications are now accepted for Design Make Residency 2019. Click here to download the submission guidelines and a detailed description of the program.
The AIA Houston Young Architect’s Forum Design‐Make Residency is an innovative program that bridges the gap between theoretical design and physical production. Throughout the program cycle, residents will develop their selected project and area of study, culminating in the production of object(s) to be displayed at Architecture Center Houston. The program provides support for up to 3 residents annually in the form of workshop space and access to tools (via TxRx Labs, https://txrxlabs.org/), and connection to other resources such as materials and mentors.
This program is developed and managed by the Young Architects Forum of the Houston Chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
- 6 month membership at TX/RX Labs including storage space & dedicated workspace
- TXRX classes to learn skills necessary to complete proposed project
- Group workspace/ storage/ tabletop work surface
- Mentorship with leading professionals in fields related to residents’ design projects. Mentor sessions are intended for residents and YAF committee members to observe, analyze, reflect and provide feedback on the projects’ progress in a peer-driven workshop setting.
- Material resources for completing project
Eligibility & Commitment
This program is open to all active AIA Houston members (including Associate AIA). Each individual may submit one application. Current committee Chair and Co-Chair are ineligible for the program. Residents commit to residing in Houston during their tenure and maintaining active AIA membership. Should a resident move, drop out of the program or drop AIA membership, resident will be responsible for fully reimbursing AIA Houston for material costs as well as workshop membership and any other program expenses for that year.