Please note that exhibitions are currently on view at 315 Capitol St through August 2017.
Our new ArCH Center and gallery will open at 902 Commerce St in September 2017.
315 Capitol St, Ste 120
Houston, TX 77002
Architecture Center Houston is intended to be a place for the public, both Houston residents and tourists, to learn about architecture in general and the built environment of greater Houston. Exhibits change approximately every three months and focus on architecture of national interest as well as that of Houston.
Exhibitions are on display in our storefront gallery located at 902 Commerce Street in downtown Houston. The gallery is open to the public Monday - Thursday 9am - 5:30pm, Fridays 9am - 3pm and during evening and weekend events.
Upcoming and past exhibitions and related programs are listed to the left and can be seen on our website events calendar.
ArCH accepts proposals for exhibitions on a rolling basis. Proposals are reviewed by our exhibitions committee annually. The deadline for the next review is 5:00 pm CST on January 5, 2018 for exhibitions to be scheduled in mid-2019 through mid-2020.
If you have an idea for an exhibit and would like to submit a proposal, please follow the directions for submittal below. If you would like assistance with your proposal, please contact Mat Wolff and he will connect you with an Exhibitions Committee buddy to assist you.
We recommend that you start by reading the list of FAQs.
To apply, email the following materials in a single PDF under 10MB to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2019 Exhibition Proposal” in the subject line.
1. Cover Sheet. Please complete the Cover Sheet form linked here.
2. Curator CV and/or Bio: 1 page or 150 words max
3. Description of exhibit partners. These can be individuals or organizations: 200 word max
4. Project Description: 500 words (1 page) max. Your proposal should include at least one public program such as a lecture, panel discussion, tour or workshop. Please also consider including an idea for an educational event for families with children ages 8 - 18.
5. Budget for production, installation and shipping. Please complete the Exhibit Budget worksheet. You can download the worksheet from the resources list below.
6. Five (5) images with captions illustrating the content and/or concept of the exhibition. Past work, sample of proposed work to be exhibited and installation plans are all recommended. CAD and pdf files of the exhibit space are available on our website.