Houston 2020 Visions
August 31, 2020 - August 13, 2021
Monday - Thursday 9am - 5:30pm, Fridays 9am - 3pm (by appointment only)
Come and visit the new Architecture Center Houston and the Houston 2020 Visions exhibition. Make an appointment for a date and time by emailing Debby at firstname.lastname@example.org
902 Commerce St
Houston, TX 77002
Funding Provided By
Architecture Center Houston is intended to be a place for the public, both Houston residents and tourists, to learn about architecture in general and the built environment of greater Houston. Exhibits change approximately every three months and focus on architecture and design of national interest as well as that of Houston.
Exhibitions are on display in our storefront gallery located at 902 Commerce Street in downtown Houston. The gallery is open to the public Monday - Thursday 9am - 5:30pm, Fridays 9am - 3pm and during evening and weekend events.
Upcoming and past exhibitions and related programs are listed to the left and can be seen on our website events calendar.
We are following county COVID protocols. In order to protect you and our staff, the following will be asked of you:
• Appointments are mandatory. No walk-ins allowed. Email Debby to make an appointment.
• Masks and social distancing are required at all times.
• Groups are limited to 4 people or fewer.
• Please do not come if you’ve traveled by air or internationally within the last 14 days.
• Please do not come if you’ve experienced any unhealthy symptoms.
ArCH accepts proposals for exhibitions on a rolling basis. Proposals are reviewed by our exhibitions committee annually. The deadline for the next review is 5:00 pm CST on July 30, 2021 for exhibitions to be scheduled in late 2022-2023 season.
If you have an idea for an exhibit and would like to submit a proposal, please follow the directions for submittal below. If you would like assistance with your proposal, please contact Jennifer Ward and she will connect you with an Exhibitions Committee buddy to assist you.
We recommend that you start by reading the list of FAQs.
To apply, email the following materials in a single PDF under 10MB to email@example.com with “Exhibition Proposal” in the subject line.
1. Cover Sheet. Please complete the Cover Sheet form found below under the Resources section.
2. Curator CV and/or Bio: 1 page or 150 words max
3. Description of exhibit partners. These can be individuals or organizations: 200 word max
4. Project Description: 500 words (1 page) max. Your proposal should include at least one public program such as a lecture, panel discussion, tour or workshop. Please also consider including an idea for an educational event for families with children ages 8 - 18.
5. Budget for production, installation and shipping. Please complete the Exhibit Budget worksheet. You can download the worksheet from the resources list below.
6. Five (5) images with captions illustrating the content and/or concept of the exhibition. Past work, sample of proposed work to be exhibited and installation plans are all recommended. CAD and pdf files of the exhibit space are available on our website.